Reports to: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt X Non-Exempt __
JOB SUMMARY: At Ryan Hughes Design Build, we create better lifestyles through innovative outdoor living. We are a high-energy, luxury outdoor design-build firm that caters to affluent clientele. For the position of Project Executive, we want an ambitious, relationship-oriented individual who presents themselves well, and can make connections with the type of elite clients that we serve. The primary focus of this role is to provide exemplary concierge services to deliver best-in-class project experiences to all clients through professional and consistent communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Project Executive for Ryan Hughes Design Build (RHD) will provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations of all RHD Project Management and Project Administration activities from the point of design presentation through project completion, including: client communication, design, sales, contracting, permitting, construction, and closeout.
- Create and Manage Project Schedules consistent with the conceptual design and estimate to ensure appropriate schedule expectations are communicated to the client.
- Participate in Design Presentations as the technical and business expert to ensure the client is confident that RHD can deliver a successful project; and assume responsibility for all direct/indirect client communication, including:• Participate in Design Presentations as the technical and business expert to ensure the client is confident that RHD can deliver a successful project; and assume responsibility for all direct/indirect client communication, including:
- Weekly Progress Updates
- Scheduling of Material and Furniture Selection Meetings
- Change Orders
- Punchlist & Closeout
- Schedule and conduct the internal Project Handoff Meeting.
- Collaborate with Project Designers and the Director of Design to ensure the timely and accurate completion of permit drawings and construction drawings.
- Manage Project Managers on assigned projects to ensure timely execution of all field activities with the highest standard of quality in all aspects of the project.
- Review final estimate and perform take-off to confirm quantities. Use this information to develop, track, and manage the Project Budget.
- Review and maintain project schedules weekly with Project Managers to ensure accurate and expected cash flow of all projects.
- Research and assemble all permit applications necessary for the project and confirm that the design scope is sufficient to submit complete and timely permit packages.
- Perform material and subcontractor buyout within timelines necessary to complete the project per the established schedule and budget.
- Work directly with accounting to ensure that construction invoices and change orders are properly managed.
- Perform weekly site visits with Project Managers to ensure construction progress and quality meet RHD standards, including Design Review Visits at established milestones. Dedicate a portion of your time to meeting with the Client during onsite visits.
- Estimate and create Client Change Orders as necessary. Always be mindful of opportunities to upsell to Client and increase RHD scope of work.
- Schedules and attends the Project Closeout meeting with the Warranty Manager and Client, delivers all necessary manuals to the client, and ensures that all project documentation and files are consolidated according to company policy.
- Mentor project managers and purchasing agents to improve overall personnel knowledge and experience.
- Manage Project Coordinators to ensure the successful completion of administrative tasks associated with all projects.
- Utilize Procore to its fullest extent to complete project tasks.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Client-Focused Advocate
- Professional Communication Skills and Appearance
- Strong Sense of Urgency and Initiative
- Able to quickly Study and React to Complex Issues
- Organized, Detail-Oriented, and Thorough
- Excel in Conflict Resolution
- Accounting Skillset – Budget Conscious and Fiscally Responsible
- Upholding Philosophy of Design-Build – Always Mindful of Aesthetics
- Procore, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam and Excel
A) Language/Communication Skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening. These skills may be used when communicating with clients, coordinating projects, resolving conflict, attending meetings, training, developing relationships with vendors and subcontractors, or presenting information.
B) Knowledge and skills required
- Reasoning skills must be well developed to objectively assist with issues and to present results accurately, effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall company strategy
- Must be able to read construction documents
C) Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering
D) Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years of project management in the construction industry, preferably within high-end residential and/or commercial projects
E) Working Environment:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize numerous tasks
- Continual computer usage is required for this position
- Travel to job sites or other relevant events