Reports to: Report to Warranty Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt __ Non-Exempt X
JOB SUMMARY: The Service Technician for Ryan Hughes Design (RHDB) is responsible for the successful execution of assigned equipment installations and warranty service calls. The Service Technician will be directed by the Warranty Manager for profitable and timely execution of all assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The standard work hours for this position are 7 AM to 5:00 PM, with overtime, weekend and holiday work, as necessary to meet project and/or service obligations
- Standard work hours may be adjusted as necessary to facilitate nighttime installations/adjustments, client training/troubleshooting of installed systems and support for client events
- Responsible for installation of equipment sets including automation and low voltage lighting for newly constructed pools and landscapes, ensuring that all items are leak-free and functioning as designed
- Meet RHDB standards for all activities in terms of organization, cleanliness and operational efficiency of installed items
- Visit previously constructed pools and landscapes to complete troubleshooting as required for warranty service of equipment including automation and low voltage lighting
- Communicates issues, events, performance and progress daily to the Warranty Manager
- Coordinate utilization of RHDB’s self-perform crews with Director of Construction as needed to complete warranty work in excess of Service Technician’s Scope
- Represents RHDB in a professional manner with owners, architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors and subcontractors
- Utilize Procore to its fullest extent in performance of assigned tasks
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Able to quickly study and react to complex issues
- Professional and competent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough
A) Language/Communication Skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening. These skills may be used when communicating with clients, coordinating projects, resolving conflict, attending meetings, training, developing relationships with vendors and subcontractors, or presenting information.
B) Knowledge and skills required
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings, wiring diagrams and product manuals.
- Able to multi-task and handle competing priorities between RHDB’s business needs and organizational issues while maintaining excellent customer relations
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful installations
- Must have judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall company strategy
C) Education Required:
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Construction preferred
D) Experience Required:
- At least five (5) years in the installation of electrical, low voltage, automation and/or plumbing systems in the construction industry, preferably within high-end residential and/or commercial projects
E) Working Environment:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize numerous tasks
- Daily computer usage is required for this position
- Daily travel to job sites or other relevant events
Position requires routing lifting, bending, pushing, pulling while handling basic office supplies and material deliveries up to 50 lbs. The employee is required to reach with hand and arms and may sit for long periods of time. Tolerance to prolonged exposure to a computer monitor and keyboard utilization is required. May require use of own vehicle to attend off-site meetings and trainings or events.
- Anticipates problems in any areas of responsibility and presents solutions
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, initiative, self-motivation, practical learning skills, enthusiasm and an ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS:
- Demonstrates reliable decision-making and understands the consequences of actions
- High level decision making which goes beyond pre-established procedures
- Providing inappropriate or misinformation may result in breaking confidentiality and/or could result in a financial loss to the company
- Consequences could also include loss in clients which would be costly to the organization